Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Pics of Interest - My AD Apartment, My School, etc.

We are just weeks from the end of the school year!!! Not quite time to start popping bottles and throwing confetti but I'm salivating just thinking about that magical date, July 10th, or the day that attendance drops and kids stop showing up (keeping fingers crossed from June 1st to June 18th).  I cannot wait - lesson planning free, kids free, disciplining free, grading free, STRESS FREE!!!

Anyways, I decided that it was time to back up the pictures from my phone before I lose them due to a drop on the floor, a splash into water, or whatever other tragedies that could happen to it.  As I was browsing through a gazillion pics in my smart device, I realized there are many, many pics that might be of interest to my readers/prospective ADEC teachers and that I should have posted them a long time ago but just didn't for some reason!  So without further ado here they are below.

My Danat Tower B Apartment:


Entrance of the Building

My Long Hallway - 1st Door = Half Bath, 2nd Door = Kitchen, 
Around the Corner = 2 Bedrooms + Full Bath

My Big Balcony + Half Bath + Unfurnished Kitchen
No electrical outlets in bathrooms for your hair drying & styling needs - go figure 
so be prepared to set your vanity near one in your bedroom

Furnished Kitchen
Water cooler thingy is essential - I purchased a 200 aed voucher book 
from Nestle Water (800 4404) - 20 (5 US gallons) bottles for 10 aed each.
Washer/dryer warning: Dryers do not work well in this country.
Ended up buying large drying racks and setting them near a window.  
You might want to save yourself some money and just buy a washer only

Some Bathroom Decor - Desert Style

A Bachelorette Living Room / Dining Room

I did change out that itty bitty rug to a larger one lol

My Serenity

My Toil 

My Chillin' Spot

My School:

My school is one of the oldest, if not THE oldest, school in Abu Dhabi.

Festivities around National Day in December

Grade 6 Food Market / Souk

It was lovely to see the boys doing a great job managing the market

My Humble Classroom

Our Working Wall


SMART reading strategy + TAGS writing strategy

Pre-reading activity - Storyboarding


Alliteration Competition 


Marking up baseline exams

Whew! That's the most pics I have ever posted in one post.  I hope you enjoyed it!  Until next time...

5 comments:

  1. I teach Cycle 2, grade 6 at an all male school. It's been a unique situation and interesting experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be teaching Cycle 2 Science. I am so nervous. From my interview it seems that they are now putting women teachers in all girl school and guys in all boys school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! It's common practice for ADEC to put female teachers at all-girls schools and male teachers at all-boys schools to keep up with the separation of the sexes as much as possible. It's uncommon when it's the opposite - ladies with boy-students and men with girl-students. It's okay to be a little nervous but ultimately ADEC decides where to place you according to their needs so no need to overthink this when it's not even in your hands to decide. Just bring a positive and flexible attitude and know that your skills and experience will carry you through anything. Honestly, trying your best and always looking to be better are all anybody can ask for from you. Best wishes! You'll be fine!

    ReplyDelete